Text: Hebrews 11
Before we get started on our study today, I want to take a moment to thank our church for your involvement in all of our activities, ministries, and outreaches, especially during the past few weeks. Between volunteer workers and teens, there were over 100 of our church people involved in the Regional Teen Talent Contest this past weekend alone. It was a big success, thanks to all the people who sacrificed their time to make it happen. I greatly appreciate your involvement! This event is more than a competition; it is a chance for teens to prepare to serve God in their local church. What I love is that at the event, so many of you modeled to our teens what serving God in the local church looks like! Thank you for investing in our young people. They are our church. They are our leaders.
For the past several weeks, I have been studying the book of Hebrews and the topic of faith. Because of God working in my heart, I have been burdened to share what God has taught me. I have recently taught the following lessons to our youth group in Teen Bible Study. I am definitely not an expert in this area! I just want to share what God is teaching me in hopes that it will be a help to you.
- Real faith produces action that is clearly connected to accomplishing the purpose of God's plan.
- Real faith moves me past the reasonable, explainable substance of life and into that which I cannot explain, except for the working of God in my life.
- Real faith benefits not only me, as the person having faith, but it also benefits those around me when I have faith.
- Real faith has a strength that far surpasses the capabilities of fear that so often grip my heart.
- Real faith allows me to see beyond my current situation, or area of life, and on to what lies ahead.
- Real faith brings life into true perspective in light of eternity, helping me to realize the ultimate goal of pleasing God with the life He has given me.
- Real faith can bring about solutions to problems that seem insurmountable by my human standards.
- Real faith enables endurance that I so long for as a Christian in order to persevere for Jesus Christ.
- Real faith has the person of Jesus Christ as its primary object.
I need to grow in many ways in this area of faith. Is God prompting you to trust Him in a greater and deeper way?
|Written by Corey Knopf
March 7, 2018